JB-4™ Embedding Kit
The catalyzed monomer acts as a dehydration and infiltration agent; therefore, complete dehydration through 100% ethanol is not necessary (although recommended for large or dense tissues). Conventional paraffin sections have a greater degree of shrinkage and produce inadequate morphology when compared to JB-4.
- Thin sections (0.5-2.0 µm) with excellent morphological structure preservation.
- Water-clear blocks; casts in 90 minutes max. at room temp
- Good lipid and enzyme retention when processing at low temperatures (4°C).
- Removal of JB-4 resin prior to staining is not necessary.
- Clearing agents such as xylene and chloroform are not needed.
- Higher clarity and contrast than with paraffin sections.
- Easy processing of difficult specimens such as calcified bone and delicate embryonic tissue.
- It produces harder blocks which is ideal for dense samples, such as bone.
Tightly sealed goggles
|Component Parts||750 ml Solution A, 50 ml Solution B, 9 g Catalyst|